You love to see your children smile, and so do we!
Hamilton Dental Designs offers pediatric dental care at our family dental practice in the Lehigh Valley. Caring for growing smiles is important, and begins at an early age. Routine dental care beginning with the signs of your child’s first tooth can help set your child up for a lifetime of good oral health.
Dr. Jose Gil is a father and highly trained dentist. Dr. Gil enjoys the unique experience of helping children build beautiful, healthy smiles through all stages of oral development. Our entire dental care team will welcome your child to our dental practice with open arms, making visiting the dentist an enjoyable experience for your entire family.
We focus our pediatric dentistry on oral health maintenance and patient education. We believe that bringing your child to the dentist from an early age can help your child develop healthy habits that will last well into their adulthood. Our dental care team will help your child and you learn fun and engaging ways to promote oral hygiene at home and at the dental office.
When your child visits Hamilton Dental Designs they will be treated as our special guests! We help children feel safe and confident when visiting the dentist. Our team works to build a trusting relationship with your child so that they have only positive associations with dental checkups.
We recommend that parents bring their children to the dentist by the age of 1 or as their first tooth begins to emerge. We will track the development of their teeth and screen for any immediate dental concerns. This allows for early intervention of orthodontic issues preventing the risk of any future speech delays.
We offer pediatric dental services:
- Gentle dental exam
- Diagnostic digital X-rays
- Age-appropriate patient education on oral hygiene
- Dental fillings
- Teeth cleanings
When it comes to your child’s health it is best to take a proactive approach. Start bringing your child to the dentist before any dental issues arise. Give your child the smile they deserve with comprehensive pediatric dental care at our Lehigh Valley family dental office.
Childhood tooth decay is a growing epidemic in the United States.
Early childhood cavities are becoming more common with patients as young as 1-year-old developing tooth decay. Children who develop cavities at such a young age are more likely to have complex dental concerns later on in life. Early childhood tooth decay increases a child’s risk of tooth loss and gum disease.
Cavity prevention through good oral hygiene and routine dental checkups are ideal for protecting your child’s smile. Parents or guardians play an important role in influencing their children’s healthy oral habits from an early age. We encourage parents to lead by example.
- At-home oral hygiene: Twice daily brushing and flossing are the number one preventatives against childhood cavities. You start brushing your child’s teeth as soon as they emerge from the gum line. Your Hamilton Dental Center dental hygienist can answer any questions regarding proper brushing techniques and product usage for young patients.
- Healthy, low sugar diets: Over the past decade, sugar intake has skyrocketed, especially in the diets of young children. Limiting your child’s sugar intake is imperative for their oral and systemic health. Never put sugary beverages in bottles, and always provide your child with healthy snacks like vegetables and fruits.
- Routine dental exams: Visiting the dentist at least twice a year can allow Dr. Gil to track your child’s oral development. In addition, biannual dental cleanings keep teeth clean and help to prevent tooth decay. Dr. Gil also offers sealant treatments for children prone to tooth decay. Sealants are a topical treatment painted onto the surface of the teeth and in the crowns of the molars.